|AIMS & OBJECTIVES|
This course aims to teach the pathophysiology of shoulder instability, basic biomechanics, surgical indications (open and arthrocopic) and techniques for arthroscopic capsulolabral repair and open latarjet procedure. Trainess will be able to perform hands-on practice in programmed techniques on fresh-frozen human cadavers.
| COURSE CONTENT AND EDUCATIONAL METHODS
The course consists of a didactic part in the beginning and hands-on cadaver sessions. We aimed to leave enough time to the cadaver sessions therefore the lecture will be concise to provide an overall review of the topic and participants are expected to have the basic knowledge.
In the cadaver sessions, surgeries will be guided step by step by the senior lecturer and performed by the participants. The same cadaver will be used for all surgeries, from minor and minimal invasive ones to most extensile approaches.
Lectures in classroom (pathophysiology, biomechanics, indications and surgical techniques)
Cadaver Session 1 : Shoulder arthroscopy training in lateral decubites position
- Patient preparation and portals
- Intraarticular anatomy and examination
- Capsular release and labral preparation
- Importance of 5 o'clock portal
- Suture passing techniques
- Anchor placement
Cadaver Session 2 : Open latarjet procedure in beachchair position
- Patient preparation and deltopectoral approach
- Corocoid harvesting and preparation
- Glenoid exposure
- Corocoid placement and fixation
- Capsular repair
| TARGET AUDIENCE
- Orthopedic surgeons and senior residents with basic arthroscopy experience
- Dr. Mehmet Demirhan
- Dr. İlker Eren
- Course Language: English
- Course Duration: One Day
For accommodation and travel, please contact with firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to Enroll..