|Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course|
This course aims to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation and team dynamics. Students will work on to complete PALS skills practice and skills testing.
Course includes didactic lessons, simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations.
- Recognition of patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognition of cardiopulmonary arrest early and application of CPR within 10 seconds
- Differentiation between respiratory distress and failure
- Early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiation between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Early interventions for the treatment of the shock
- High-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR
- Differentiation between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Clinical characteristics of instability in patients in arrhythmias
- Apply team dynamics
- Post cardiac arrest management
2 days, 8 hours/day